BDF Craft Products
Software for Silhouette craft machines
BDF Graphics is an authorized dealer for all Silhouette America products, including Silhouette Cameo, Curio and Mint machines. Below is a list of the software that you can use with those machines and do your own designs.
Silhouette Studio Basic Edition - free with every Cameo, Portrait, Curio machines; also available for free download
Silhouette Studio Designer Edition - all features in Basic edition plus more advanced features including SVG file support, Sketch conversion and rhinestone conversion tools
Silhouette Studio Business Edition - all features in Designer edition plus EPS, AI and CDR file support and many productivity tools
Silhouette Connect - plug-in for Adobe Illustrator and Corel Draw
Click the link to see the comparison chart of Silhouette Studio editions.
Silhouette Studio® is drawing/editing/output software that enables the creation of outline and print data consisting of objects and text, and the output of the created data to the Silhouette electronic cutting tools for a variety of applications including cutting and perforating media materials for 2-dimensional projects, fabricating 3-dimensional fold-together models from cut-out templates, and sketching line art.
The Silhouette Studio software includes, but is not limited to, the following
software features and benefits:
- Imports a variety of file formats including JPG, BMP, PNG files
- Print & cut capability (requires printer)
- Organize and optimize the library collection of images
- Use all fonts already installed on your computer
- Powerful text manipulation tool
- Basic image drawing and editing tools
- Image effects (b/w, tint, color saturation)
- Manipulate line types for differing cutting actions
- Create your own print & cut images by filling images with custom colors, gradients, pattern fills
- PixScan™ technology that enables the capturing of image data into the software
- Features available for Curio only:
- Embossing tools to give an elegant faux-letterpress effect to cards, invites, business cards, and more
- Print & Emboss feature allows to produces a printed image that is embossed, either around the edge or filled in
- Stippling tools provide the ability to create stipple points by either converting lines into stipple points, or by converting imported print images into stipple patterns
- Dual carriage support so that multiple tools can be used simultaneously, thus enable performing two different actions during the same job, such as cut, emboss, etch, stipple, and sketch
- Operating systems:
- Mac: OS X 10.6.8 or later
- Windows: XP/Vista/7/8/8.1/10
- Supported cutting tools:
- Silhouette (original), Silhouette SD
- Silhouette CAMEO, Silhouette Portrait
- Silhouette Curio
- Craft ROBO, and Graphtec models (CC100, CC200, CC300/CC330, CC300L/CC330L)
- Supported printers: Windows-compatible or Mac-compatible printers (inkjet printers strongly recommended for print & cut applications)
Silhouette Studio Designer Edition (CF-C906)
Silhouette Studio® Designer Edition is made especially for designers. The Designer Edition includes more features to help designers import their own artwork as well as create new designs for use with Silhouette products.
Silhouette Studio Designer Edition contains all the same functionality as Silhouette Studio Basic Edition plus the following designer features:
- Ability to open, manipulate, and cut .svg files
- PDF import
- Rhinestone tools to convert designs into rhinestone templates and create your own rhinestone designs
- Sketch tools to convert designs into several styles of sketchable art
- Creative knife tools to allow you to clip designs using different patterns
- Enhanced eraser set to modify designs with more precision
- Built-in ruler and guide lines for precise alignment and drawing
- Layers support (including ability to cut by layer)
- Nesting feature to allow you to arrange cuts as efficiently as possible
- Shadow tool allows you to add a drop shadow to printable designs
Silhouette Studio Business Edition (CF-C910)
Silhouette Studio® Business Edition is intended for small business users who want to unlock and explore further features of the software, like multi-cutting support, weed line options, and advanced nesting features. It is designed for full-scale, large-quantity projects and helps users save time on designing and cutting out extensive amounts of material.
The Business Edition also allows users to import AI, EPS, and CDR files that have been created with Adobe Illustrator, Corel Draw and other such programs.
The Business Edition can be upgraded from the Basic or Designer Edition.
Silhouette Studio Business Edition retains all of the capabilities of the basic Silhouette Studio software and includes all of the Designer Edition version features, plus the following business features:
- Multi-cutter support
- Import AI, EPS and CDR files
- Import embroidery files (PES, DST, EXP, JEF, XXX)
- Export to SVG, PDF and JPG file formats
- Automated Weed Line feature
- Design View vs. Media Layout View
- Media Layout Settings
- Media Layout Nesting Preview
- Tiling feature
- Matrix Copy feature
- Barcode support
Silhouette Connect, plug-in for Adobe Illustrator and Corel Draw (CF-C908)
Silhouette Connect allows you to design a project in either Adobe Illustrator or Corel DRAW and send it to your Silhouette. You are able to add registration marks for print & cut projects and adjust the cut settings for different material types. You are also able to cut by individual layer or line color, so you can easily alternate between different blade/pen settings.
The Silhouette Connect™ plug-in provides you the ability to send projects you have designed in Adobe Illustrator® or CorelDRAW® directly to your Silhouette electronic cutting tool with no need to convert them to a Silhouette Studio compatible format.
Simply install Silhouette Connect and you will be provided a new option within your Adobe Illustrator or CorelDRAW software program to send the vector image to your Silhouette. It also includes the ability to add registration marks for print and cut jobs, which work with the Silhouette machine's registration mark sensor.
Compatible Vector Programs:
- Adobe Illustrator CS4 - CS6, CC, CC2014, CC2015, CC2017
- Corel DRAW X4 - X8 and 2017
Compatible OS Versions:
- Mac - OS X 10.6.8 and higher
- PC - Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10
Compatible Cutting Units:
- Silhouette CAMEO
- Silhouette Portrait>
- Silhouette Curio>
- Silhouette SD
- original Silhouette
- Graphtec Craft ROBO (CC100 - CC300 series only)