Online Order and Shipping Policies
BDF customers have been using our website to place orders and make payment online for our products for a number of years now. Here are some policies you should know before you place your first online order here.
- Shipping rates: For simplicity, we have implemented a flat shipping rate system based on our past experience. A flat shipping rate (handling fee + shipping) is automatically added for each item and totaled on a separate line. All shipping flat rates are for shipping to Canada and the US 48 continental states. US customers in Hawaii, Alaska and Puerto Rico must contact us for shipping cost prior to making online order here. For US customers, the flat shipping rate does not cover any applicable US customs brokerage fee, duty and tax (applicable ONLY when your total item cost is over $200 dollars).
- Combined shipping discount: Because the shopping cart we use cannot handle cross-items combined shipping, we implemented a workaround solution: we use a cart-wide handling fee as the base portion of the shipping rate, then add extra shipping fee depending on the item ordered, thus total shipping rate (handling fee + shipping) should have no duplicate base shipping rate and is close enough to the actual shipping cost. You can also contact us (with your order items and shipping address) to get the combined shipping rate quote via email.
- Shipping address: All items are shipped to the confirmed PayPal address ONLY! Shipping to alternate address MUST be pre-approved by BDF. Please contact us to obtain approval before you make the payment.
- Shipment processing: All items are normally shipped within one business days. Occasionally some items are out of stock and our website are not updated yet, we will notify you with two options: place it on back order or refund you in full. If a payment is not cleared or placed under investigation, items will be hold until the payment is cleared or a resolution is reached.
- Shipment method: We normally ship packages with UPS Standard or Canada Post expedited, depending on the location. For a small pack of 25 sheets of transfer papers, they will be shipped via Canada Post regular mail. For US customers, we always ship UPS Standard unless there is no standard UPS services available there.
- International Shipping: We do not ship to anywhere outside Canada and US due to high cost of shipping. Sorry, no inquiry about international shipping.
- Currency: All products on our website have price in Canadian dollars. For our US customers, majority of our products now also have prices in US dollars.
- Payment methods: all our online payments are processed by PayPal. You can pay directly with your PayPal account or credit card.
- Sales Tax: For all Canadian customers, all orders including shipping fees are subject to sales tax. No sales tax for US customers.
- Warranty and Return Policies: All purchases made here on our website are subject to our standard warranty and return policies. Please refer to our Warranty page for details.
For online payment, we accept all major credit cards: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and PayPal.